Senior Software Engineer – Containers
The senior software engineer will play a key role in developing innovative edge computing networking products and services leveraging our patented technologies. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with his/her peers and will be deeply involved in various R&D activities, including proof-of-concept prototyping, software design and development, as well as product launch.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Development and maintenance of existing and new software applications.
• End-to-end development of application containerization, for improving scalability and portability.
• Develop and manage an auto-scaling system for Kubernetes nodes.
• Perform unit and integration tests and conduct performance bench marking.
• Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
• Maintain good documentation of design and implementation.
• Support product launch and deployment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Requires Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering from an accredited university. A Master’s degree in one of these fields is preferred.
• 5+ years of expertise of micro services architecture, design and implementation.
• Experience with container environments like Docker, Kubernetes, including code packaging, use of built-in test and other advanced Kubernetes features.
• Expert level programming knowledge in one or more of C/C++, Python, Node JS, Go,Shell
• Experience in designing and developing Restful APIs
• Experience using AWS tools and ecosystem: S3, EC2, Cloud formation, VPC, etc
• Experience with CI/CD platforms like Bamboo and Ansible framework a plus
Essential Skills and Competencies
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work well with tight schedules and rapid development cycles
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a professional and credible demeanor
· Ability to effectively communicates concepts with various levels of the organization.
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Flexible to work overtime for special projects or business supports
· Shows determination to achieve outstanding results
· Maintains strong attention to detail
· Keeps committed to excellence
· Demands continued improvement
India (Mumbai or Bangalore preferred) / Taiwan (Taipei) / US(Basking Ridge, NJ preferred) India(Mumbai or Bangalore preferred) / Taiwan (Taipei) / US (Basking Ridge, NJ preferred)India(Mumbai or Bangalore preferred) / Taiwan (Taipei) / US (Basking Ridge, NJ preferred)